Contact / CV
Contact: +44(0)7980853392 or email@example.com
Find me on Axisweb, Linkedin, Vimeo & Art Photo Index
- MA in Photography, London College of Communication, 2005.
- Arts in the Community Development, 2000.
- Further Adult Education Teaching Certificate, 2000.
- BA (Hons) Documentary Photography (First Class), 1995-1998, University of Wales, Newport.
- Foundation Diploma in Photography (Merit) – Filton College, Bristol, 1994 -1995.
- Senior Lecturer – BA Photography, Falmouth University, 2007 – present.
- Senior Lecturer, Foundation Art & Design, University of Gloucestershire, 2007 – 2008.
- Visiting Lecturer – BA Documentary Photography, BA Photographic Art, University of Wales, Newport, 2005 – 2007.
- Part-time Lecturer – AS-Level, Foundation and HND Photography and OCN Photography modules, Filton College, Bristol, Jan 1999 – 2008.
- Lecturing Documentary Photography, Chapter Arts Centre, Cardiff, Jul 2000 – present.
- Freelance Artist – Bristol Youth Inclusion Project, Barton Hill, Bristol, photographic project concerning the issue of bullying, June – July 2003.
- Freelance Artist – NESA, North East Somerset Arts, Co-ordinating community photography workshops within Mental Health, April – August 2003.
- Co-ordinator of Creative Photography workshops, University of Bath, Oct 2000 – 2004.
- Psychological States: ‘Vasa Project’, Online film series entitled ‘Psychological States’ during the months of September, October, November & December 2015.
- Loose Space: Conversations with Myself, Horses Warped on an Altering Canvas, Group show curated by Claudia Pils, artP.kunstverein, Perchtoldsdorf, Austria. May – June 2015.
- Elusive: Conversations with Myself, Group show curated by Sian Bonnell, Camberwell Space, Camberwell College of Arts, London, Feb – March 2011.
- Creative Voices: Year Two Artist in Residence @ Ysbyty Gwynedd, Gwynedd Museum & Art Gallery, Bangor, April – June 2010.
- Open West: Conversations with Myself, Group show, Pittville Studios Gallery, Feb – March 2010.
- Modern Bodies: The Human Figure in the Twentieth Century, The Myth of Sexual Loss, National Museum of Wales, Cardiff, May 2009 -Jan 2010.
- Creative Voices: Year One Artist in Residence @ Ysbyty Gwynedd, Oriel Pendeitch, Cearnarfon, April – June 2009.
- Photomonth in Krakow: The Myth of Sexual Loss, May – June 2008.
- 3, Converstions with Myself, Picture This, Bristol, March – April 2008.
- The Sexual Landscape Recast, The Myth of Sexual Loss, Gallery 44, Toronto, June–July 2007.
- Kiss & Tell, The Myth of Sexual Loss, Group show, The Center for Photography at Woodstock, New York, Jan-March 2007.
- Conversations with Myself: MA show, London College of Communication, London, Nov-Dec 2005.
- Le Mois de la Photo a Montreal, The Myth of Sexual Loss, La Centrale, Montreal, Canada, Sept – Oct 2005.
- East International:The Myth of Sexual Loss, Norwich gallery, Norwich School of Art and Design, July – August 2004.
- The Home Idea Show, Waiting Rooms, Group show curated by Eshoda Arts, Hotbath Gallery, Bath. March – May 2004.
- The Myth of Sexual Loss: – Solo exhibition, Ffotogallery @ Turner House, Penarth, Wales. August – September 2003 & Trace, Weymouth, Nov – Dec 2003, Folly gallery, Lancaster, Jan – March 2004 and Michael Tippett Centre March – April 2005.
- 2gether 4ever: – Touring exhibition sponsored by Lilly ICOS a campaign to promote the sexual rights of older people, Elms Lester Painting rooms, Soho. London, Nov 2003 and touring.
- Changes: Memory Palette: Group exhibition, North East Somerset Arts, Radstock Community Centre, Sept 2003.
- Waiting rooms: Healthcare commission, group exhibition & touring solo exhibition, Bath & Bristol, commencing at the Hotbath gallery, May 2001 – currently touring.
- In Theory: Self Imprisonment, Group exhibition, BANA artists network, unused building, Bath, May 2001.
- WEST: Wales 1st Ffotobiennial 2000, 3rd Prize, touring group exhibition – Ffotogallery, Cardiff, Glynn Vivian Art Gallery, Swansea / Aberystwyth Arts Centre / Wrexham Arts Centre – Nov 2000 – Oct 2001.
- Better Safe than “Sorry “: Community arts solo exhibition, Acorn Theatre, Penzance, Nov 2000 – Jan 2001.
- Places of Life: Self Imprisonment, Group Exhibition, La Cartaia, Prato, Tuscany, April – May 2000.
- Refuge: Women’s Aid National Conference. Solo exhibition and workshop, Liverpool University, July 1999.
- Agoraphobia: Developmental Arts for Mental Health.Group exhibition, Project ability, Glasgow, June-July 1999.
- Press Play: Conversations with Myself, Short Film & Video work, curated by Susan Francis, NewRed Studios, June 5th 2015.
Commissions & Residencies:
- Filmmaker for Arteffact research project: Filming the progression of artist workshops taking place within the museum environment & the effect it has upon the participants involved. Oct 2011 – April 2012
- Artist in Residence at Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor: Making work within specific areas of the hospital & community with regard to care of the elderly and mental health. April 2008 – April 2010.
- The High Life: Commissioned to work with residents living in high rise flats to create a photographic exhibition. Touring from Oct 2007 onwards @ Wellspring Health Centre, Barton Hill Settlement and Arnofini, Bristol.
- 2gether 4ever: Touring exhibition sponsored by Lilly ICOS a campaign to promote the sexual rights of older people, Aug 2003 – Sept 2004.
- Memory Palette: Commissioned to work with elderly participants in their own homes creating artwork combining the past with the present. Co-ordinated by NESA – North East Somerset Arts, April – June 2003.
- Waiting Rooms: Artistic interpretation of patients perception of waiting areas within healthcare practices. Jan – March 2001. Touring exhibition, Bath, Bristol and Wales, 2001 – 2006.
- Just Another Day: Recording the events of people for whom the dawning of the millennium was just another day, Great Orme Nursing Home, Llandudno, Dec 1999 – Jan 2000. Touring Group Exhibition, various venues in Wales and Bath, 2000 -2003.
- 20th Century Fine Art Collection: The Myth of Sexual Loss, National Museum of Wales, Cardiff.
Selected Published Work:
- Photomonth in Krakow 2008: Festival catalogue.
- Locus Suspectus, Issue 3, Toronto, 2007.
- Image & Imagination, Le Mois de la Photo a Montreal2005, Festival catalogue.
- East International, Catalogue, Group show, Norwich Gallery, Norwich, 2004.
- Nextlevel, Edition 01, Volume 02, London, 2003.
- WEST, Wales 1st Ffotobiennial, Catalogue, Ffotogallery, Cardiff, 2000.
- Places of Life, Catalogue, Dryphoto Arte Contemporanea, Tuscany, Italy, 2000.
- Grants for the arts: Awarded by The Arts Council of England, South West for the development of new work concerning Body Dysmorphic Disorder. August 2006.
- Small Wonders: Picture This, Film/Video award for artists, 2004- 07.
- Awards for Artists: Awarded by The Arts Council of England, South West for the development of new work concerning Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Feb 2003.
- Melhuish Fine Art Award: Awarded by South West Arts for the continuation of personal work concerning the ageing sexual body, Jan 2001.
- European Award for women photographers: 1st Prize, Self Imprisonment – Group Exhibition, Prato, Tuscany, April – May 2000.